14 Sep The Benefits of Modular Packing
If you’re new to modular packing, you might not be aware of just how many impressive benefits it has. Rather than struggling to pack or dealing with hard to find items, a lot of travellers are now embracing modular packing and its many uses.
“Modular – constructed with standardised units or dimensions for flexibility and variety in use”
A modular system consists of different parts functioning together and individual modules should be easily reconfigured without the need to make new changes to the entire system. This leads to a cost effective way to provide flexibility without the need for customisation. Applied to travel packing, different modules can be combined in ways that meets different travel needs e.g. places, seasons, activities etc.
Top Benefits of Modular Packing, especially with the LeanPac® System
- Cost Effective – Flexibility of modules and System means no need for customisation of bags to travel needs
- It Utilises All Space – Modular packing is a dream come through for “hoarders” that needs to bring “everything” on their travels. This packing method is the very best way to ensure all of the space in your luggage is being used to its maximum potential. Travellers who do not practice the modular packing way of doing things often find excess space in their bags; this isn’t the case with modular packing. Modular packing ensures full space utilisation and this helps you to fit more in.
- It Helps to Keep Things Organised – Travelling can be very stressful, especially when you can’t find the item of clothing or electronic charger that you need. This isn’t the case with modular packing, as everything has a specific place or compartment. When you pack modularly, you know where everything is at all times. All you need to do is put your hand in and grab it.
- It Can Be Used for Anything and Everything – Modular packing is an extremely versatile way of doing things, as it’s not just recommended for when you’re packing clothes into your main travel bag. You can go modular on packings within packings e.g. electronics, hand luggage, toiletries and more.
- It Helps the Environment and Cuts Down on Waste – Though a lot of people choose to use a number of plastic bags when they’re travelling, this can have a negative impact on the environment. Whether it’s to keep dirty items away from clean items or to separate underwear from swimwear, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of using a plastic bag for everything. However, with modular packing, this isn’t necessary. By keeping things organised, modular packing removes the need for a lot of wasteful plastic bags.